Was Tracy Malon died by “sharp-force trauma”? Wiki Biography and More Facts

Tracy Malon wiki – Tracy Malon Biography

A Westport mother and her 7-year-old daughter died at their home in Westport following an apparent murder-suicide.

Who is Tracy Malon?

Tracy Malon was the mother of 7 years old girl Layla Malon, Her mother was identified as Tracy Malon by the coroner who killed her daughter by drowned performed the autopsies, but the Westport Police Department and various civil legal documents reviewed by Law & Crime identified her as Tracy Do.

The Hartford Courant more accurately reported that Do died of “cutting force injuries to the torso and extremities,” citing law enforcement sources and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

“[T] his is a horrible tragedy, and the police department holds in our thoughts and prayers the family and community who were so deeply affected by this,” Westport Police Chief Foti Koskinas said in a statement. release. statement posted on Facebook.

Westport is about an hour and a half northeast of New York City. The state medical examiner’s office in Farmington performed the autopsies.

How old is Tracy Malon?

Tracy Malon was 46 years old mom

Tracy do death

Tracy Do, 46, of Westport, died by suicide, according to the OCME, as a result of cutting injuries to the torso and extremities. Her daughter, Layla Malon, drowned and is classified as a murder victim.

Just before 4 p.m. On Thursday afternoon, Lyndale Park, a private road near Merritt Parkway, became very public. Tracy Do’s other daughter, 13, came home to discover the lifeless body of her mother in the hallway.

“At that time, officers searched the interior of the home to see if anyone else was inside and unfortunately that’s when they found the body of the seven-year-old,” said Lt. David Wolf of the Westport Police Department.

Westport Police Chief Foti Koskinas stated that “this is a horrible tragedy, and the police department has in our thoughts and prayers the family and community who were so deeply affected by this.”

“We spent a lot of time processing the scene in conjunction with state police felonies and we will continue to do so throughout the day,” Wolf said Friday afternoon.

A Westport woman, who walked down a busy Weston Road to place a bouquet and a card in front of the house where the tragedy occurred, does not know her family, but she still felt the need to show respect.

Jim marpe
Westport First Selectman Jim Marpe called the deaths a “terrible tragedy.”

“My prayers and condolences go out to the family,” he said Friday before the names and causes of death were released.

“Police, first responders, public school personnel and students have been directly affected by this devastating event,” said Marpe, whose position is similar to that of a mayor. “The whole community shares their pain and sadness. Westport is a caring community and I know we will come together to support those who need to begin the healing process. ”


News 12 Connecticut reporter Marissa Alter said Friday that her mother was embroiled in a heated custody battle with the boy’s father, Eric Malon. A public record of that case reveals that the process began last October.

Also last October, Do filed a lawsuit against Malon alleging that she was working for his business without compensation. The lawsuit requested at least $ 15,000 in damages. That lawsuit says the couple shared two children: Layla, now deceased, and another who is listed as a teenager.

Later, court records indicate that Malon attempted, in essence, to evict Do from his home.

Do supposedly stayed at Malon’s house

“Around 2017, the romantic relationship between the parties ended,” reads a document in a housing lawsuit that Malon filed against Do dated March 29, 2021. The document claims unfair enrichment because Do allegedly stayed in Malon’s house. without permission after he ended the relationship. .


Malon filed an earlier but similar lawsuit against Do on February 10.

“Despite the Plaintiff’s continued requests that the Defendant vacate the Premises, the Defendant continues to use, occupy and trespass on the Premises,” reveals a document in that case. “The use, occupation and trespassing by the Respondent has become increasingly problematic in the sense that the Respondent has sued the Claimant in a civil lawsuit, has used their illegal access to the Facilities to destroy, escape and poke . over the Claimant’s personal property and has increased tensions within the facility. ”

Tracy Malon (Tracy Do) 46, died by suicide of “sharp force injuries to the torso and extremities,” and her daughter, Layla Malon, died of a suffocation considered murder, police and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner announced Friday afternoon.

Both were found inside their home in Lyndale Park and Weston Road at around 4 pm. Westport police said on Thursday, after first responders were dispatched to a call regarding a woman who did not respond.

Police said officers found Tracy Do before they searched the residence and found her daughter, both already dead.

Emily Greenberg, a lifelong Westport resident, dropped off one of the bouquets at about 1:30 p.m. She said she doesn’t know the family who lives there but wanted to pay respects.

“It’s just a big tragedy for this town,” she said. “We don’t have this here.”

The 4,457-square-foot house is an imposing presence in the neighborhood near the Merritt Parkway. A fence atop a stone wall lines the front lawn, and there is a gate at the bottom of the driveway. At least a dozen small American flags are planted across the property, in addition to a large one hanging above a garage.

State police Major Crime detectives are helping Westport police with the investigation.

“This is a terrible tragedy and the police department holds the family and the community so deeply affected by it in our thoughts and prayers,” Westport Police Chief Foti Koskinas said on Friday afternoon. Said.

Police declined to reveal other details about the case on Friday, but court records paint a tense picture last year for the family, which has had multiple lawsuits between Do and his longtime partner, Layla’s father, and another daughter, who also lives in Lyndale. Park it home.

Last fall, Do sued his wife for custody of their children and another for breach of contract, alleging that he had worked for his wife’s company for years without compensation and had promised to give him and the children a house in Westport if their relationship ended. court records show.

His partner later sued twice to evict him from his Lyndale Park home, and just last week a judge gave Do a grace period until July 16 to respond to his latest eviction attempt, according to the records.


“Late this afternoon, we were informed of the untimely and tragic loss of one of our parents and her beloved daughter. There are no words that can console our grief over this indescribable tragedy. We would like to express our deepest condolences to all those affected by this heartbreaking loss.”

There were no classes at Coleytown Elementary School and Stepping Stones Kindergarten on Friday, but Scarice said schools are open for parents and students to access mental health services from 11am to 1pm.

The school system also provided links to online materials about talking to children about death and coping with loss.

“As school staff, we encourage you to listen carefully to your child and answer questions openly and honestly,” Scarice said. “Acknowledging and affirming your child’s feelings is helpful. In the coming days, your child may find it helpful to discuss their feelings with you or another adult.”

Westport First Selectman Jim Marpe said he “can’t say much as this horrific incident is still under investigation.” My prayers and condolences are with his family.”

“Police, first responders, public school staff and students were directly affected by this devastating event,” Marpe said. “The whole community shares their pain and sorrow. Westport is a caring community and I know we will come together to support those who need to start the healing process.”

Early Friday afternoon, there were only a few signs that something had gone horribly wrong in the house on the corner of Lyndale Park, a private street, and Weston Road. Crime scene tape was hung from a tree and a fence, and two police cars lingered in the house.

The two women left bouquets of flowers on a bank outside the door at an impromptu memorial service. Another woman stood across the street, looking at the scene, wiping her tears.